Simple questions to help design your wedding
Questions to help design your wedding
Martha Stewart's wedding website has put together a great list of Wedding budget tips and advice. These questions can help with selecting your wedding and reception venues and details for your ceremony and for your wedding reception. It includes this great wedding venue question sheet to help ask the right questions when you meet with potential wedding venues and to help you remember each of the wedding venues, if you go to a few they can quickly get mixed up in your head :)
A few other questions as a starting point I can think of include:
- the obvious - how many people do you want to invite to your wedding
- what's your wedding budget? (wedding budget planning tips here)
- do you want indoors or outdoors wedding ceremony and wedding reception or one of each?
- what time of year is your wedding and when will sunset be (timing for photos and hence ceremony time)
- what's your favourite music? Spend some time going through both of your ipods and put together a playlist for before dinner, after dinner and for dancing
- what type of atmosphere do you want to create at your wedding ceremony and at your wedding reception?
- are you thinking about a formal or informal wedding day?
- what would be your wet weather back up plan?
- how much do you want your bridal party to spend on their attire?
- do you want to have children involved in your bridal party, and are children invited to the wedding reception?
- if you have the budget, would you like to hire a wedding planner to help you will all of the planning?
- would you like to have a wedding gift registry or prefer monetary gifts and use a 'wishing well?
Don't forget this is your day, not anybody else's and have fun planning! Good luck!
Do you have any great questions or advice you've found to add to the list that have helped your design your wedding? Let me know.
Trudy the Brisbane Marriage Celebrant x